Welcome to the LDS Scouter Blog. We hope to provide you with valuable information, share useful resources and maybe even improve some attitudes and Ward Scouting programs. The recommended way to use this blog is to start with the post, "Why I started this blog." Then browse through the post titles in the archive (found in the sidebar) for topics of interest.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Change of Heart

Over at the LDS-BSA blog, they have a new author who has promised weekly posts. His first installment is a real gem: Gaining a Vision of Scouting and the Aaronic Priesthood.

He talks about a time when he did not understand why the Church uses Scouting. I can relate, as I have not always had the best attitude toward Scouting either (at least, not my involvement in it). Then his bishop told him basically the same thing I have wanted to tell many people, "This comes from the prophet."

I am often caught between having patience for people, like others have had patience with me, and frustration with people who "follow the prophet" except when it comes to Scouting.

I would love it if everyone read this article, though. I suppose, just like any other truth, in the end, it's something we all need to gain a testimony of for ourselves.

No comments: